Brussels, B-1000 Belgium
Building a New Future
The EBF’s European Banking Summit in Brussels has become an annual landmark moment to define key challenges for the banking sector and to discuss solutions. ‘Building a New Future’ is the theme for the 2017 summit with an agenda that covers financial technology, regulation and green finance and that builds on the theme of ‘Embracing Disruption’ a year earlier.
- 08:30 – 09:00: Registration and welcome coffee
- 09:00 – 09:05: Opening remarks by Frédéric Oudéa, President, EBF & CEO, Société Générale
- 09:05 – 09:30: Keynote speech by Olivier Guersent, Director General, DG FISMA, European Commission
- 09:30 – 11:00: Financial Technology – Innovation in progress
There is no denying that the competitive landscape in banking is changing. New payment methods, inspired by new services under the EU’s Payment Services Directive, are just one element of what is seen as ‘Open Banking’.
This session sees case-studies where financial innovations interacts with EU-level regulation, followed by a debate. Key question: How can regulation let financial innovation flourish?
Five case study presentations followed by Q&A will cover topics such as:
- Platforms & Payments
- Cyber Security
- Data & cloud
- 11:00 – 11:30: Networking coffee
- 12:30 – 14:00: Networking lunch
- 14:00 – 14:15: Keynote speech by Javier Perez, President, Mastercard Europe
- 14.15 – 15:45 : Banking Union at 5, EMU at 25 – What next?
Five years into Banking Union and 25 years after the launch of European Monetary Union the EU’s financial services landscape has changed materially. But despite these great achievements, the EU continues to be plagued by legal, institutional and political challenges. Brexit and elections in key member states are part of this complexity.
- 15:45 – 16:15: Networking coffee
- 16:15 – 17:30: The C-level Perspective
Now that disruption appears accepted as a constant factor, how do CEOs keep their bank on course? This session brings together Chief Executives Officers from leading European banks and hears how they overcome the challenges defined and discussed earlier in the day.
- 17:30 – 17:40: Closing remarks by Wim Mijs, CEO, European Banking Federation
Please visit the dedicated website.
- Standard fee: €495 VAT excl.
- EBF member: free of charge (3 delegates/member organisation)
- EBF member (additional delegate): €375 VAT excl.
- Academics and Representatives of NGOs not representing a commercial interest: €375 VAT excl.
- Representatives of the European Parliament, the European Commission and the Council of the European Union including Permanent Representations of EU Member States Free
- Accredited journalists Free
Please register on the dedicated website.