For six years now, ING has been organising the ING Solidarity Awards with the aim of supporting local associations and giving them maximum visibility. All non-profit associations and foundations registered in Luxembourg and established in the country are invited to take part in this two-part competition:
- An online vote
- A jury vote for a project
1. Online vote (30 x €1,000)
Associations are invited to register on the ING Luxembourg website; if they meet the conditions stated in the rules. The 30 associations having received the most votes from Internet users between 25 October 2017 and 15 November 2017 at noon will receive a €1,000 cheque.
2. Jury vote for a project (6 x €5,000)
The associations taking part can also submit a project to ING before 16 October 2017 at midnight by registering, following the same procedure as for the “Online vote” competition. At the end of the process, the projects submitted will be voted on by a jury.
Among the projects, which will be classified in three categories, the members of the ING Solidarity Awards’ Jury will select the six projects they find most promising in terms of value, impact, originality and implementation method.
The three categories:
To take part, each association/foundation must fall into one of the following three categories:
- “Humanitarian aid”: humanitarian projects by associations working to improve people’s quality of life or to ensure respect for fellow human beings;
- “Integration”: associations’ projects intended to promote adaptation, inclusion or the creation of social links between individuals;
- “Other”: projects by associations working for the benefit of others in areas other than humanitarian aid or integration.
Two projects in each category will be awarded by the Jury:
- A prize for a project from a 100% volunteer-run association;
- A prize for a project from an association having at least one employee.
As is now customary, ING will be organising a ceremony for the ING Solidarity Awards. This year, ING will take advantage of its move to its new headquarters in the railway station district, ING Lux House, to host this event in its brand-new auditorium on 23 November 2017 starting at 7 PM.
ING’s Sustainability team invite all associations based in Luxembourg to submit their applications: “This year once again, ING Luxembourg is delighted to be involved in this fine project. It’s a project we are very proud of! We invite all associations in Luxembourg to take part in the ING Solidarity Awards right away, either by submitting an application for the online vote or by adding a description of a project in their application on the website.”
To fill in the application form in compliance with “ING Solidarity Awards” rules or for additional information, please go to the dedicated website.
Dates of the 2017 ING Solidarity Awards
- From 18 September to 16 October: registration
- From 25 October to 15 November at noon: online voting
- 23 November: awards ceremony in the auditorium at ING Lux House
The author of this article is solely responsible for the content published.