On 14 November 2017, the ABBL’s Wealth Management dedicated cluster, the Private Banking Group, Luxembourg (PBGL), celebrated its 10th Anniversary in the presence of Mr. Pierre Gramegna, Luxembourg Minister of Finance, who gave an opening speech.
Around 130 bankers and stakeholders, representing the complete Luxembourg financial ecosystem, attended the event hosted by BGL BNP Paribas in their new premises.
A decade of existence marked the perfect occasion for founding and current members of the PBGL to remember the initial feelings and wishes, still present today, in all achievements realized by the cluster over time, such as:
- The ICMA Charter
- The annual ABBL Private Banking Survey in collaboration with the CSSF
- The successful launch of the Master in Wealth Management in collaboration with the Luxembourg School of Finance (LSF)
- The ongoing dialogue with the entire financial ecosystem
Key speakers also commented on:
- The capacity of the country to reinvent itself by adapting to the regulatory shift toward tax transparency and successfully targeting the global market
- The evolution of client profiles and needs, more sophisticated and internationally exposed, demanding enhanced and immediate access to reliable and transparent financial information
- As well as, the evolution of the client adviser profile, towards a more segmented holistic client approach and advisory processes, underpinned by the knowledge and expertise to identify the need for asset structuring and estate planning
Further items discussed were the challenges and ambitions for coming years, essentially being:
- Integration of digitalisation in the wealth management service offering
- Talent and Education
- A competitive and efficient Luxembourg Toolbox
- Follow up on major regulations (AML, MiFID II, GDPR)
A final keynote took a deeper look at expectations from a wealth management client’s perspective, encouraging private bankers to live up to a new service culture (being available, mobile, proactive and customized, investing in people) in order to respond to the increasing needs of all generations, from young millennials to baby boomers.
Discover the Picture Gallery of the event.
This communication is also downloadable here below in French.