The European Banking Federation published a new vision paper titled ‘Financing the Europe of Tomorrow’.
With the hope of contributing to a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities faced by Europe in financing economic growth, this paper lays out a vision for a fully integrated Financial Union and the role of banks, followed by recommendations for:
- enabling banks to provide more financing to corporates and households;
- building and integrating capital markets;
- bringing more investors into the market;
- ensuring fair competition; and
- achieving sustainability.
The author of this article is solely responsible for the content published.