According to Claude Marx, Director General of the CSSF, the large audience, composed of various financial services professionals, demonstrates the high interest of the Luxembourg financial community to further deepen the ties with China.
The first panel dedicated to the Chinese economy, has been moderated by Jörg Ackermann, Consulting Partner at PwC Luxembourg, and composed of:
• Luc Neuberg, Chairman of the Board of ALRiM
• Stefan van Geyt, Group Chief Investment Officer at KBL epb
• Kaiyu Yang, Deputy General Manager at ICBC (Europe) SA.
The second panel, moderated by Amanda Yeung from EY Luxembourg, has focused on the business models and the range of services provided by Chinese banks in Luxembourg. It was composed of:
- Wen Jiang, Deputy General Manager, Agricultural Bank of China Luxembourg
- Shuren Zhang, General Manager, Bank of Communications (Luxembourg) S.A.
- Xi Zhang, Deputy General Manager, China Construction Bank (Europe) S.A.
- Guangyu Xiao, Assistant General Manager, China Everbright Bank (Europe) S.A.
- Yongzhao Fang, Chief Operation Officer, China Merchants Bank Luxembourg Branch
- Li Li, General Manager, ICBC (Europe) S.A.
- Zhang Xiaolu, Deputy General Manager, Bank of China (Luxembourg) S.A.
The panel’s participants presented each bank’s characteristics and explained how non-Chinese players can cooperate best with Chinese institutions.
By Benoît Cerfontaine, Adviser to the CEO and International Affairs