On 29 September 2020, the Fondation ABBL pour l’éducation financière, eager to foster and encourage training projects aligned with the needs of the financial sector labour market, signed an agreement to support the digital financial training program provided by the Luxembourg Tech School asbl (LTS).
Luxembourg’s financial sector is more and more dependent on technological innovation.The lack of current and future « tech experts » in FinTech, Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, etc. negatively impacts the development and competitiveness of Luxembourg as a financial centre. The training program offered by LTS gives students the opportunity to learn the digital skills that are in demand in the market, and will help them to transition more easily from a full-time education to the workplace.
“For the financial sector to remain strong, it is vital that we have a pool of well-educated and knowledgable young people, with skills in the right areas and who are ready to lead us in the future”, stated Yves Maas, Chairman, Fondation ABBL pour l’éducation financière.
The Luxembourg Tech School, embedded in the national school system, offers programmes for students age 12 to 19, either as extracurricular activities or as elective courses.
LTS objectives to support the sustainability and long-term development and implementation of Luxembourg’s Digital Strategy are numerous:
- Develop the “Future Digital Leaders” through technology, soft skills and business knowledge
- Promote entrepreneurship, creativity, sustainability and innovation in a project-based learning environment
- Connect the “Future Digital Leaders” with key actors from industry, government and academia
- Support students to transition from the learning path to the workplace, and promote as well as increase tech & science employability for non-experienced and junior profiles
These objectives are completely in line with the ABBL Foundation’s goals to prioritise an increased knowledge in economics and finance, as well as the development of marketable skills that the Luxembourg financial center seeks.
“The support of the ‘Fondation ABBL pour l’éducation financière’ is essential for our School as their goals to promote and support financial education, academic education, vocational training and research, are in line with what we are trying to achieve. The Foundation is a perfect partner to develop our training program even further”, explained Dr. Sergio Coronado, Chairman of LTS.
About the LTS program
After completing the 3 years LTS program, students will be equipped with the knowledge, basic experience, and skills necessary to become the “Future Digital Leaders”. They will be able to:
- Gain knowledge about the technological, business and financial world
- Gain hands-on experience by putting into practice what they have learned in a dynamic and autonomous environment
- Be able to make use of technology to solve real problems
- Be able to pitch their ideas in front of an audience, including experts from the industry
- Understand how to listen to the voice of the industry
- Be competent, team-oriented and respectful to everyone’s ideas and opinions
- Enjoy and have fun by creating new products and experiences
Luxembourg Tech School asbl (LTS)
Dr. Sergio Coronado, Chairman, LTS
Fondation ABBL pour l’éducation financière
Jessica Thyrion, Adviser – Financial Education, ABBL
Press Contact for LTS: