- Commission: On 11 April 2018, the Commission published a number of proposals aimed at strengthening consumer protection. This included a proposal allowing for collective redress/representative action.
State-of-play: Legislative phase.
- Commission: Proposal for a regulation published on 24 November 2015.
- Council: The Dutch Presidency started work in January 2016.
- European Parliament: Named its rapporteur and work started in early 2016.
- 23 May 2016: ECON hearing
- 16 June 2016: The ECON committee has published its working document
- 21 October: the rapporteur finalized her draft report
- 16 December 2016: deadline for amendments
- 25 January 2017: consideration of amendments
- 29 March 2017 AFCO adopted its opinion on the EDIS proposal
- European Central Bank: On 12 July 2016, the opinion of the ECB on EDIS was published in the Official Journal of the EU C 252/1.
State-of-play: Proposal withdrawn.
- Commission: Due to a political stalemate since 2011 and in a spirit of “Better Regulation”, the Commission withdrew its proposal on 7 March 2015.
Payment accounts Directive: On the comparability of fees related to payment accounts, payment account switching and access to payment accounts with basic featuresUpdated on 22/12/2017
State-of-play: Published in the Official Journal. L 257/214 of 28 August 2014