State-of-play: Proposal withdrawn.
- Commission: on 23 April 2018 the Commission published the proposal.
- On 27 September 2018, ECON Committee published an opinion on the proposal for a directive of persons reporting on breaches of Union law.
- On 3 October 2018, AFCO Committee published an opinion on the proposal for a directive of persons reporting on breaches of Union law.
- On 8 November 2018, LIBE Committee published an opinion on the proposal.
- Commission: On 12 March 2018, the Commission published its proposal on the law applicable to third-party effects of assignments of claims.
- Commission: The Commission launched a consultation on 23 March 2016 that ended on 14 June 2016. The Commission adopted its legislative proposal on business insolvency on 22 November 2016.
- European Parliament: Work at committee level (JURI) on-going.
- On 12 July 2017, the ECON Committee had an exchange of views on preventative restructuring frameworks, second chance and measures to increase the efficiency of restructuring, insolvency and discharge procedures.
- On 16 October 2017, the ECON Committee considered amendments to preventative restructuring frameworks, second chance and measures to increase the efficiency of restructuring, insolvency and discharge procedures.
- On 21 August 2018, the JURI Committee published their report on the proposal.
State-of-play: Published in the Official Journal. on 19 June 2018
- On 5 July 2016, the Commission has adopted a proposal to amend the Fourth Anti-Money Laundering Directive.
- On 12 September 2018 the Commission proposed to strengthen the EBA’s powers on anti-money laundering.
- Debate in ECOFIN on 12 July 2016. Working group making rapid progress with the
- On 20 December 2016, the Council agreed on its negotiation stance.
- On 14 May 2018, the Council adopted the latest AML Directive.
- On 4 December 2018 the Council adopted the conclusions on an action plan for enhanced monitoring.
- On 19 December 2018, the Council agreed on the reinforcement of EBA on anti-money laundering.
- European Parliament:
- On 20 December 2017, an agreement was reached between the presidency and the Parliament.
- On 29 January 2018, the agreement was adopted at committee level by both the ECON and LIBE.
- On 19 April 2018, the proposal on AMLD V was adopted at plenary.
- On 19 April 2018, the plenary of the European Parliament votes in favour of the trilogue agreement.
- On 2 October 2018 ECON published a draft opinion on the proposal for a directive on rules facilitating the use of financial and other information for the prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution of certain criminal offences.
- On 7 November 2018, ECON published amendments on rules facilitating the use of financial and other information for the prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution of certain criminal offences.
- On 12 November 2018, the Official Journal published the Directive on combating money laundering by criminal law.
- Next steps:
- Adoption by the Council (expected to be adopted on 14 May).
- Due to be adopted by the co-legislators at 28-31 May plenary session.
- Level 2: On 26 June 2017, ESAs published their final guidelines on AML.
- Level 3: On 8 November 2018 ESAs published a public consultation draft guidelines on the corporation and information exchange between component authorities supervising credit and financial institutions for the purpose of AML/CFT supervision.
State-of-play: Published in the Official Journal. L 119/1 on 4 May 2016
- Entered into force: 24 May 2016. It shall apply from 25 May 2018.