- Published a Proposal for a regulation on 13 September 2017.
- On 25 April 2018, the Commission published a range of initiatives aimed at improving the free-flow of (non-personal) data in the EU.
- On 19 June 2018, EU negotiators reached a political agreement on the free flow of non-personal data.
- On 21 June 2018, the Commission updated its Q&A on the framework for the free flow of non-personal data in the EU.
- On 8 June 2018, the Council agreed on its general position on the Cybersecurity Act.
State-of-play: Pre-legislative phase.
State-of-play: Published in the Official Journal. L 337/35 on 25 November 2015
- Entered into force: 15 December 2015.
- Transposition deadline: 13 January 2018.
- Level 2:
- On 29 June 2017, EBA published its opinion in response to the Commission’s intention to amend EBAs RTS under PSD2. The Commission published the RTS on 27 November 2017.
- On 14 March 2019, the Commission published a delegated regulation on the criteria for the appointing central contact points within the field of payment services and on the functioning of those central contact points
- Level 3:
- On 13 December 2017 the EBA published its final Report on Draft RTS setting technical requirements on development, operation and maintenance of the electronic central register on access to information .
- On 26 April 2019 EBA published clarifications to a third set of issues raised by its Working Group on APIs under PSD2.
On 21 June 2019, EBA published an opinion on PSD2
State-of-play: Pre-legislative phase.
- Commission: On 2 September 2015, a Roadmap for the Green Paper was published. The publication of the Green Paper and the consultation took place on 10 December 2015.
- A public hearing organised by the European Commission was held on 2 March. The Commission published an action plan in Q1 2017.
- On 23 March 2017, the Commission published its action plan on Retail Financial Services.
- On 14 January 2019 the Commission opened a consultation on Consumer Credit Directive.
- European Parliament: The report on the Green Paper was approved in ECON on 11 October 2016.
- On 22 November 2016, the text was adopted by the Parliament in Plenary.
- On 20 June 2017, the ECON Committee had its consideration of the draft own initiative report.
- On 30 August 2017, the ECON Committee discussed proposed amendments to the action plan.
- On 28 September 2017 ECON and IMCO published a joint opinion on an Action Plan on Retail Services.
- On 14 November 2017, the own initiative report was adopted was adopted at plenary.
State-of-play: Legislative phase.
- On 27 June 2018, a general approach was agreed on the proposals.
- On 19 December 2018, the Council reached a political agreement on aligning the costs of cross-border payments in euros between euro and non-euro countries.
- On 18 September 2018, ECON published the amendments on cross-border payments.
- On 8 November 2018 ECON published a report on the proposal for a regulation as regards certain charges on cross-border payments.
- On 19 March 2019, the Official Journal published the Regulation on certain charges on cross-border payments in the Union and currency conversions charges.
- Next steps: EP ECON draft report to be voted on 5th November 2018
- European Commission:
- European Parliament:
- Level 2: On 2 June 2016, ESMA has issued a Discussion Paper for public consultation on distributed ledger technology, the consultation ended on 2 September 2016.
- Level 3: On 12 February 2018, the ESAs published a warning to customers on the risks of buying virtual currencies.
- Commission: On 2 September 2015, a Roadmap for the Green Paper was published. The publication of the Green Paper and the consultation took place on 10 December 2015. A public hearing organised by the European Commission was held on 2 March. The Commission published an action plan in Q1 2017.
- European Parliament: The report on the Green Paper was approved in ECON on 11 October 2016. On 22 November 2016, the text was adopted by the Parliament in Plenary.