Digital & Innovation
Digital transformation of banking is one of the main strategic topics at the ABBL. The focus is on three main areas: Digitalisation, FinTech & Innovation, and Payments.
The ABBL has an office in Brussels to carry out its advocacy activities and defend the interests of its members directly with the European Parliament and the European Commission.
Tax matters are at the heart of the ABBL's work, ranging from the taxation of financial services and the treatment of digital services, to further pressure for tax transparency driven by the DAC legislation.
ABBL advisers closely monitor changes in regulations and directives, articulating a balanced position, based on the views of all our members, towards legislators and regulators as they are created.
A successful implementation of the EU agenda is essential. The ABBL has identified, together with its members, the key priorities to bring the sustainable finance agenda forward in the Luxembourg banking sector.
30.11.2022TNT Symposium 2022 focusing on “Human.First” - interview with Jerry Grbic
29.11.2022EBA guidelines on the use of Remote Customer Onboarding Solutions
28.11.2022First Survey on the Luxembourg Depositary & Custodian Banking industries
22.11.2022CJEU judgment of 22 November invalidating the provision of the Anti-Money Laundering Directive
Upcoming events EN
ABBL webinar on the tax impact of cross-border homeworking
The ABBL is organising a webinar on the tax impacts of cross-border homeworking on Friday 8 July from 11:00 to 12:00. A unique opportunity to elaborate on the critical elements to keep in mind when designing and implementing an HR policy related to homeworking! Speakers will share a number of updates based on recent exchanges with competent authorities.
This webinar follows the recent publication by the ABBL of a dedicated FAQ.
- Practical issues around the computation and implementation of tax tolerance thresholds with neighbouring countries
- Taxation of salary income in the country of residence when the applicable tax threshold is exceeded
- Circumstances that may lead to the recognition of a permanent establishment for Luxembourg employers in the context of cross-border homeworking
- International developments in this area
- Laétitia Carroz, Fiscal Affairs Adviser, ABBL
- Edouard Fort, Director, Tax, KPMG Luxembourg
- Sylvie Leick, Partner, People Advisory Services Leader, EY Luxembourg
ABBL/Finastra webinar: ISO 20022 - the backbone of payments in Europe
The payments landscape is undergoing a major transformation, driven by the global adoption of the ISO 20022 standard. Acting as the backbone of payments, ISO 20022 facilitates the harmonisation of formats and data components of multiple payment methods that previously could not work together.
To explore the opportunities and challenges presented by ISO 20022, ABBL and Finastra invite you to an interactive presentation and Q&A webinar.
- When? Tuesday 12 July at 9.30.
- Where? Online
- How can banks benefit from the implementation of ISO20022?
- How will it improve security (e.g. fraud detection)?
- What are the challenges for Luxembourg banks to move to ISO20022?
- How can financial institutions monitor and use the newly acquired data?
EBI webinar: EU Presidency programme on banking & financial markets
The European Banking Institute (EBI) is organising a webinar on the Czech government's EU Presidency programme in the area of banking and financial markets. Mr Dušan Hradil, Director of the Financial Markets Department at the Ministry of Finance of the Czech Republic will be the keynote speaker, and Mr Petr Procházka, Senior Adviser, Head of European and International Relations, Czech Banking Association (CBA) will be a co-speaker.
When? Tuesday 12 July, from 12:00 to 13:00
This is the 16th webinar of the EBI Policy Series. If you missed a webinar or would like to review some of the key concepts discussed, videos of the latest EBI Policy Series webinars are available here.
Masterclass: Sustainable finance - Mobilising finance for sustainable growth
Sustainable finance is the cornerstone for creating a sustainable future and mitigating climate change. The transition to sustainable finance is today guided by the principle of "Doing Well by Doing Good", reinforced by the combined forces of market and politics. In this perspective, the Chamber of Commerce and its academic institution ISEC (Institut Supérieur de l'Economie) invite you to a conference on sustainable finance, which will focus on the topic: Mobilising Finance for Sustainable Growth in Europe. This conference will be held in the framework of "The Masterclass of the Chamber of Commerce" series.
The masterclass brings together the most prominent speakers from these two forces and offers an exclusive insight into the challenges and future of sustainable finance in Europe. Dr. Werner Hoyer, President of the European Investment Bank (EIB), will give the keynote presentation. He is one of the most influential partners of European leaders in government and business. His aim is, among other things, to foster Europe's economic strength and to steer the European economy towards sustainable development.
- 18:00 - Welcome address - Muriel Morbé, Director of Training at the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce
- 18:10 - Opening speech: Europe's challenges - Dr. Werner Hoyer, President of the European Investment Bank (EIB)
- 19:00 - Sustainable Finance: Reflections on the link between green swans, brown assets and risk appetite - Marcus Stutz, Assistant Professor of Finance at the Institut supérieur de l'économie (ISEC), Chief Risk Officer/Member of the Management Board of Deutsche Bank Luxembourg.
- 19:20 - Closing remarks - Prof. Dr. Gilles Reckinger, Academic Director of ISEC
Business Connect Fintech - Regtech
Villages by CA Luxembourg and Milan are organising the Business Connect Fintech Regtech. Startups and partner companies from Villages by CA France, Italy and Luxembourg and the ABBL will have the opportunity to meet through speed-meetings of 15 minutes each, organised in person. Up to 15 1to1 business meetings are possible during the day!
This is a unique opportunity to develop synergies between partners and startups of the international network, create business opportunities and networking in the fintech, insurtech and regtech fields.
The ABBL is a partner of this event.
- When? Tuesday 27 September, from 10:00 to 17:00
- Where? In person
- Language? English
- 9:45 - 10:15 Arrival of participants and welcome coffee
- 10:15 - 10:30 Presentation of the ABBL
- 10.30 - 12.30 Business meetings 1 to 1
- 12.30 - 14.00 Networking/business lunch
- 14.00 - 17.00 Business meetings 1 to 1
- 10 July: you have until this date to register and complete your profile
- From 1 to 15 July: you will choose the companies you wish to meet from among those registered
- From 19 July: you will receive your personal schedule for the event
- 27 September, 10.00 - 17.00: the Business Connect event will take place