State of play: pre-legislative phase
- 2 September 2015, the Commission published a roadmap for the Green Paper.
- 10 December 2015, the Commission launched a consultation and published the Green Paper.
- 2 March 2016, the Commission held a public hearing and published an action plan.
- 23 March 2017, the Commission published its action plan on Retail Financial Services.
- 14 January 2019, the Commission opened a consultation on the Consumer Credit Directive.
- 11 October 2016, the ECON Committee adopted the report on the Green Paper.
- 22 November 2016, the Parliament adopted the text in plenary.
- 20 June 2017, the ECON Committee adopted its consideration of the draft report.
- 30 August 2017, the ECON Committee discussed proposed amendments to the action plan.
- 28 September 2017, the ECON and IMCO Committees published a joint opinion on Action Plan on Retail Services.
- 14 November 2017, the ECON Committee adopted the report on the action plan.
- 9 July 2019, the ESAs published a report on the cross-border supervision of retail financial services.