State-of-play: Pre-legislative phase.
- On 2 September 2015, a Roadmap for the Green Paper was published. The publication of the Green Paper and the consultation took place on 10 December 2015.
- A public hearing organised by the European Commission was held on 2 March. The Commission published an action plan in Q1 2017.
- On 23 March 2017, the Commission published its action plan on Retail Financial Services.
- On 14 January 2019 the Commission opened a consultation on Consumer Credit Directive.
- The report on the Green Paper was approved in ECON on 11 October 2016.
- On 22 November 2016, the text was adopted by the Parliament in Plenary.
- On 20 June 2017, the ECON Committee had its consideration of the draft own initiative report.
- On 30 August 2017, the ECON Committee discussed proposed amendments to the action plan.
- On 28 September 2017 ECON and IMCO published a joint opinion on an Action Plan on Retail Services.
On 14 November 2017, the own initiative report was adoptedwas adopted at plenary.
On 9 July 2019, ESAs published a report on cross border supervision of retail financial services