State of play: on 1 July 2011, the Directive was published in the Official Journal (L 174/1)
- 19 December 2012, the Commission adopted a delegated regulation with regard to exemptions, general operating conditions, depositaries, leverage, transparency and supervision.
- 15 May 2013, the Commission adopted an implementing act establishing the procedure for AIFMs which choose to opt in under AIFMD and an implementing act establishing a procedure for determining the Member State of reference of a non-EU AIFM pursuant to AIFMD.
- 10 December 2018, the Commission published a report on the operation of the AIFMD, starting the review process.
- 22 April 2021, the Commission published an amended delegated act on sustainability risks and sustainability factors to be taken into account by Alternative Investment Fund Managers. This will have to be approved by the Council and the Commission before being published in the OJ.
- 15 June 2021, the Commission published an implementing regulation regarding central database on cross-border marketing of AIFs and UCITS
- 25 July 2018, ESMA responded to the questions raised by EIOPA on the interpretation of AIFMD.
- 29 March 2019, ESMA updated the Q&A on the application of AIFMD.
- 8 April 2019, ESMA published the responses to the consultation on liquidity stress test guidelines for investment funds.
- 2 September 2019, ESMA published its final report with the guidelines on liquidity stress testing in UCITS and AIFs.
- 28 November 2019, ESMA published a guidance compliance table on competent authorities complying or intending to comply with ESMA’s guidelines on reporting obligations.
- 3 December 2019, ESMA updated its Q&A on the application of the AIFMD.
- 20 February 2020, ESMA updated the list of EU authorities that have signed a Memorandum of Understanding on AIFMD with third countries.
- 3 April 2020, ESMA published its final guidance on performance fees in investment funds, applicable to UCITS and certain types of AIFs.
- 4 June 2020, ESMA published a supervisory briefing on the supervision by national competent authorities (NCAs) of costs applicable to UCITS and AIFs.
- 17 July 2020, ESMA issued the official translations of its guidelines on liquidity stress testing in UCITS and AIFs.
- 12 November 2020, ESMA published its annual report on the use of sanctions under AIFMD.
- 8 April 2021, ESMA has published its third annual statistical report on the Alternative Investment Fund sector.
- 28 May 2021, ESMA has updated the Opinion Collection of information for the effective monitoring of systemic risk under Article 24(5), first sub-paragraph, of the AIFMD, in the context of AIFMD reporting.
- 14 June 2021, ESMA has published the AIFMD MoUs signed by the EU authorities.
- 20 July 2021, ESMA published a Report on penalties and measures imposed under the AIFMD in 2020
- The Commission has started its review process of the AIFMD.