State of play: on 1 July 2011, the Directive was published in the Official Journal (L 174/1)
- 19 December 2012, the Commission adopted a delegated regulation with regard to exemptions, general operating conditions, depositaries, leverage, transparency and supervision.
- 15 May 2013, the Commission adopted an implementing act establishing the procedure for AIFMs which choose to opt in under AIFMD and an implementing act establishing a procedure for determining the Member State of reference of a non-EU AIFM pursuant to AIFMD.
- 10 December 2018, the Commission published a report on the operation of the AIFMD, starting the review process.
- 25 July 2018, ESMA responded to the questions raised by EIOPA on the interpretation of AIFMD.
- 29 March 2019, ESMA updated the Q&A on the application of AIFMD.
- 8 April 2019, ESMA published the responses to the consultation on liquidity stress test guidelines for investment funds.
- 2 September 2019, ESMA published its final report with the guidelines on liquidity stress testing in UCITS and AIFs.
- 28 November 2019, ESMA published a guidance compliance table on competent authorities complying or intending to comply with ESMA’s guidelines on reporting obligations.
- 3 December 2019, ESMA updated its Q&A on the application of the AIFMD.
- 20 February 2020, ESMA updated the list of EU authorities that have signed a Memorandum of Understanding on AIFMD with third countries.
- 3 April 2020, ESMA published its final guidance on performance fees in investment funds, applicable to UCITS and certain types of AIFs.
- 4 June 2020, ESMA published a supervisory briefing on the supervision by national competent authorities (NCAs) of costs applicable to UCITS and AIFs.
- 17 July 2020, ESMA issued the official translations of its guidelines on liquidity stress testing in UCITS and AIFs.
- The Commission has started its review process of the AIFMD.