State of play
- 27 December 2017, the BRR Directive (L 345/96) and the SRM Regulation (L 345/27) were published in the Official Journal.
- 23 November 2016, the proposal was published.
- 30 April 2019, the Commission adopted a report assessing the implementation of the BRRD and SRMR.
- 28 February 2017, the ECON Committee held a first exchange of views on the proposal.
- 25 April 2017, the ECON committee held a public hearing on updating the BRRD and SRMR.
- The proposal was split in two parts in order to fast track the ranking of unsecured debt part.
- 11 June 2017, the ECON Committee held the first exchange of views on the fast-tracked ranking of unsecured debt.
- 27 September 2017, the ECON Committee published two draft reports on the proposals: Link 1 and Link 2.
- 7 December 2017, the Council adopted a directive on the ranking of unsecured debt instruments and a regulation on transitional agreements regarding the regulatory capital impact of IFRS 9.
- 4 March 2019, the Commission adopted a delegated regulation on the criteria for assessing the impact of an institution’s failure on financial markets.
- 18 October 2018, ESMA sent a letter to the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG) on the endorsement process of IFRS 17 insurance contract.