State of play: published in the Official Journal
- 27 December 2017, the BRR Directive (L 345/96) and the SRM Regulation (L 345/27) were published in the Official Journal.
- 20 May 2019, the amended Directive (L 150/296) and the amended Regulation (L 150/226) were published in the Official Journal.
- 23 November 2016, the proposal was published.
- 30 April 2019, the Commission adopted a report assessing the implementation of the BRRD and SRMR.
- 28 February 2017, the ECON Committee held a first exchange of views on the proposal.
- 25 April 2017, the ECON committee held a public hearing on updating the BRRD and SRMR.
- The proposal was split in two parts in order to fast track the ranking of unsecured debt part.
- 11 June 2017, the ECON Committee held the first exchange of views on the fast-tracked ranking of unsecured debt.
- 27 September 2017, the ECON Committee published two draft reports on the proposals: Link 1 and Link 2.
- 22 February 2018, the ECON Committee held a debate on the proposed amendments to the draft reports.
- 19 June 2018, the ECON Committee adopted the final reports amending the BRRD and the SRMR.
- 28 June 2018, the Parliament adopted the reports of the ECON Committee and the negotiations mandate.
- 7 December 2017, the Council adopted a directive on the ranking of unsecured debt instruments and a regulation on transitional agreements regarding the regulatory capital impact of IFRS 9.
- 25 May 2018, the ECOFIN Council agreed on a common position on the remaining parts of the RRM package.
- 4 December 2018, the ECOFIN Council endorsed the political parts of the RRM package including the BRRD and SRMR.
- 15 February 2019, the Coreper endorsed the final agreement on the banking reform package, containing the BRRDS and SRMR.
- 26 February 2019, the ECON Committee approved the final agreement.
- 16 April 2019, the Parliament adopted the proposals in plenary.
- 14 May 2019, the Council formally adopted the proposals
- 4 March 2019, the Commission adopted a delegated regulation on the criteria for assessing the impact of an institution’s failure on financial markets.
- 22 November 2019, the EBA launched a public consultation on the draft Implementing Technical Standard (ITS) on disclosure and reporting of the minimum requirement for own funds and eligible liabilities (MREL) and the total loss absorbency requirement (TLAC).
- 18 October 2018, ESMA sent a letter to the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG) on the endorsement process of IFRS 17 insurance contract.
- 25 March 2020, ESMA published a statement on some accounting implications of the economic support and relief measures adopted by EU Member States in response to the Covid-19 outbreak.