State-of-play: Legislative Phase.
- Proposal was published on 23 November 2016.
- First exchange of views in ECON committee on 28 February 2017.
- On 25 April 2017, ECON committee held a Public Hearing on updating CRR and CRD.
- On 3 May 2017, ECON committee held a second exchange of views on updating CRR and CRD.
- The proposal was split in two parts in order to fast track the IFRS9 part.
- On 20 June 2017, the first exchange of views on the fast tracked IFRS9 part took place in ECON.
- On 11 July 2017, the ECON Committee adopted its position on the fast tracked IFRS9. It should be voted in the next plenary session in September.
- On 16 November 2017, the rapporteur publishes his draft report on the CRD.
- On 11 December 2017, the rapporteur publishes his draft report on the CRR.
- On 22 February 2018, the ECON Committee discuss amendments to the draft reports.
- On 19 June 2018, the ECON Committee adopted the draft reports on the CRR II and the CRD V.
- On 28 June 2018, the plenary confirmed the committee vote and mandate to negotiate in trilogues.
- On 16 April 2019, the EP plenary session confirmed the trilogues agreement. Link 1 Link 2
- On 25 May 2018, the Council agreed on a common position on the CRR and the CRD in view of negotiations with the European Parliament and the Commission.
- On 4 December 2018, the ECOFIN Council endorsed the political parts of the package of measures on the Banking Union, more specifically on measures to reduce risk. On 15 February the Council at ambassador level endorses the whole text of the banking package.
- On 14 May 2019 the Council adopted a package which contains amendments to the capital requirement legislation
- On 21 May 2019, ESMA published an amendment to the Implementing Technical standards on the mapping on ECAIS under CRR.
- On 24 May 2019, ESMA published a consultation paper proposing amendments to the main indices and recognized exchange under CRR.
- On 7 June 2019, EIOPA re-consults on new amendments to technical standards on the mapping of ECAIs
- On 7 June 2019, the Official Journal published the Regulation of 20 May 2019 amending Regulation as regards the leverage ratio, the net stable funding ratio, requirements for own funds and eligible liabilities, counterparty credit risk, market risk, exposures to central counterparties exposures to collective investment undertakings, large exposures, reporting and disclosure requirements.
- On 1 August 2017, EBA publishes an opinion on Article 458
- On 20 December 2018, EBA published a preliminary assessment on post-implementation impact of IFRS 9 on EU institutions.
- On 17 January 2019, EBA published the final guidelines regarding the type of exposures to be associated with high risk under the CRR.