State of play: pre-legislative phase
- 12 February 2020, the Commission launched a public consultation on a roadmap for an Action Plan on anti-money laundering (AML) in view of the update of the existing regulatory framework.
- 7 May 2020, the Commission published its Action Plan on anti-money laundering and launched a consultation to receive feedback on the AP.
- 13 July 2020, the Parliament adopted a resolution on the Commission’s Action Plan on AML.
- 10 September 2020, EBA published a response to the European Commission on AML and terrorist financing.
- Anti-money laundering legislative package in Q2 2021.