State-of-play: Published in the Official Journal on 19 June 2018
- On 5 July 2016, the Commission has adopted a proposal to amend the Fourth Anti-Money Laundering Directive.
- On 12 September 2018 the Commission proposed to strengthen the EBA’s powers on anti-money laundering.
- On 13 February 2019 the Commission has adopted a new list of third countries with anti-money laundering and terrorist financing regimes
- On 24 July 2019, the Commission has published a Communication and four reports on the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Debate in ECOFIN on 12 July 2016.
- On 20 December 2016, the Council agreed on its negotiation stance.
- On 14 May 2018, the Council adopted the latest AML Directive.
- On 4 December 2018 the Council adopted the conclusions on an action plan for enhanced monitoring
- On 19 December 2018, the Council agreed on the reinforcement of EBA on anti-money laundering.
- On 20 December 2017 an agreement was reached between the presidency and the Parliament.
- On 29 January 2018, the agreement was adopted at committee level by both the ECON and LIBE.
- On 19 April 2018 the proposal on AMLD V was adopted at plenary.
- On 19 April 2018, the plenary of the European Parliament votes in favour of the trilogue agreement.
- On 2 October 2018 ECON published a draft opinion on the proposal for a directive on rules facilitating the use of financial and other information for the prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution of certain criminal offences.
- On 7 November 2018, ECON published amendments on rules facilitating the use of financial and other information for the prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution of certain criminal offences.
- On 12 November 2018, the Official Journal published the Directive on combating money laundering by criminal law.
- On 14 May 2019 The Official Journal published a Commission Delegated Regulationon money laundering and terrorist financing risk in certain third countries.
- On 26 June 2017, ESAs published their final guidelines on AML.
- On 8 November 2018 ESAs published a public consultation draft guidelines on the corporation and information exchange between component authorities supervising credit and financial institutions for the purpose of AML/CFT supervision.
- On 24 July 2019, EBA published an opinion on the link between money laundering and terrorist financing concerns and prudential objectives.