State-of-play: Legislative Phase
- A dedicated Green Paper was published on 18 February 2015. A consultation was launched from 30 September 2015, until 6 January 2016.
- On 12 March 2018, the Commission published a proposal on a European covered bonds framework as well as a targeted change in the CRR.
- Report on a EU-harmonised market for covered bonds on 20 December 2016.
- On 9 April 2018, the ECB published an opinion on the proposal for a European covered bonds framework.
- On 18 May 2018, the Council’s Working Group starts its works on the Commission proposals.
- On 28 November 2018 the Council adopts its position and negotiation mandate with the European Parliament.
- In ECON the report has been given to the ECR political group with Bernd Lucke as rapporteur.
- On 17 May 2018, the Parliamentary Research Service published an analysis of the Commission’s impact assessment accompanying the legislative proposal.
- On 21 August 2018, the ECON Committee published a draft report on covered bonds.
- On 26 September 2018 ECON Committee published amendments on covered bonds
- On 20 November the ECON committee adopts the two covered bonds reports. The negotiation mandate is expected to be confirmed in the 10-13 December plenary session.
- On 26 November 2018 ECON Committee published the reports on the regulation and directive on covered bonds.
- On 4 April 2019, JURI Committee published an opinion on the proposal.
- On 18 April 2019, the plenary session adopted the trilogues agreement.
- On the 27th of February the European Commission announced a political agreement in inter-institutional negotiations on the covered bonds proposal.
- On 20 March the Council confirmed the trilogue agreement.
- The trilogue agreement has to be adopted bz the Council and published in the Official Journal.
- On 23 October 2018, the Official Journal published the ECB’s opinion on the proposal for a directive on covered bonds.