State-of-play: Legislative Phase
- On 2 June 2016, the Commission has launched a consultation on the main barriers to the cross-border distribution of investment funds (UCITS and AIF) in order to increase the proportion of funds marketed and sold across the EU. The public consultation initially ran until 9 October 2016. The Commission published a report on Barriers to Capital Flows.
- On 12 March 2018, the Commission published a proposal on the cross-border distribution of investment funds.
- On 14 June 2019, the Council adopted CBDF.
- On 15 June 2018, the Council published a revised version of the legislation.
- On 20 June 2018, the Council agreed on a general approach on the cross-border distribution of investment funds.
- On 18 September 2018 published draft report on regulation on cross-border distribution of collective investment fund.
- On 2 October 2018, ECON Committee published draft report on a directive with regard to cross-border distribution of collective investment funds.
- On 25 October 2018 ECON published the amendments tabled on the proposal for the regulation and amendments tabled on the proposal for a directive.
- On 6 December 2018 ECON Committee published the report as voted for the regulation on cross border distribution of funds.
- On 6 December 2018 ECON Committee published the report as voted for the directive on cross border distribution of funds.
- On the 5 February 2019 the EP with the Council reached a deal on CBDF.
- On 4 March 2019 the EP’s ECON committee confirms the agreement.
- On 16 April 2019, the trilogues agreement was confirmed by the EP plenary session.
Next steps: The texts of the trilogue agreement have to be published in the Official Journal.