State of play: on 12 July 2019, the Regulation and the Directive were published in the Official Journal (L 188/55)
- 12 March 2018, the Commission published a proposal on the cross-border distribution of investment funds.
- 15 June 2018, the Council agreed on a general approach on the cross-border distribution of investment funds and approved the negotiations mandate.
- 20 June 2019, the Council formally adopted the texts.
- 18 September 2018, the ECON Committee published a draft report on the regulation on CBDF.
- 2 October 2018, the ECON Committee published a draft report on the directive on CBDF.
- 25 October 2018, the ECON Committee published the amendments tabled on the proposal for a regulation and the amendments tabled on the proposal for a directive.
- 6 December 2018, the ECON Committee voted on the report for the CBDF regulation and on the report for the CBDF directive.
- 5 February 2019, the Parliament and the Council reached an agreement on CBDF.
- 4 March 2019, the ECON Committee confirms the agreement.
- 16 April 2019, the Parliament adopted the trilogue agreement in plenary.
- 24 March 2017, the Commission published a report on barriers to capital flow
- 31 March 2020, ESMA launched a consultation on the standard forms, templates, and procedures that national competent authorities (NCAs) should use to publish information on their websites to facilitate cross-border distribution of funds.