State of play: published in the Official Journal (L 151/15) on 7 June 2019
- 13 September 2017, the Commission published a cybersecurity package.
- 26 March 2018, the Commission opened a consultation on a proposal to create a cybersecurity competence network with a European Cybersecurity Research and Competence Centre.
- 10 July 2018, the ITRE Committee voted on the proposal.
- 14 January 2019, the ITRE Committee voted on the text agreed in the trilogue negotiations.
- 8 June 2018, the Council adopted its position on the Cybersecurity Act.
- 9 April 2019, the Council adopted the Regulation as agreed in the trilogue negotiations.
- 13 September 2018, negotiations between the Parliament and the Council started.
- 10 December 2018, the Parliament and the Council reached a political agreement.
- 12 March 2019, the Parliament adopted the agreed text in plenary.
- To be revised by the new Commission mandate.