State-of-play: Legislative phase
EMIR refit – published in the OJ 28/05/2019
- On 4 May 2017, publication of the EMIR refit proposal.
- In June 2017, the Commission proposed a second set of amendments to EMIRto enhance the supervision of third country CCPs and make the supervision of EU CCPs more coherent.
- On 20 September 2017, the Commission adopted a further legislative proposal, as part of its wider proposals to reform the European System of Financial Supervision. On the same day, they also published a modified legislative proposal, which consolidated the changes made and the previous proposal.
- On 16 May the ECON committee adopted the draft report on supervision and third-country CCPs
- On 18 April 2019, the EP plenary session adopted the trilogues agreement.
- On 28 may 2019, the Official Journal published the regulation on EMIR review