State of play: on 12 December, the Regulation was published in the Official Journal (L 322/1)
- 13 June 2017, the proposal for a regulation was published.
- 20 September 2017, the Commission published a modified legislative proposal, as part of the wider package to reform the European system of financial supervision (ESAs review).
- 27 November 2018, the Council adopted its negotiating position.
- 15 October 2019, the Council of the EU adopted revised rules for central counterparties in the single market.
- 31 January 2018, the ECON Committee presented its draft report on the proposal.
- 16 May 2018, the ECON Committee adopted the report and approved the negotiations mandate.
- 18 April 2019, the Parliament adopted the text in plenary.
- 13 March 2019, the Parliament and the Council reached a political agreement on the proposal.
- 1 April 2019, the ECON Committee approved the agreed text.