State of play: 3 June 2016, published in the Official Journal (L 146/8)
- 26 April 2016, the ECON Committee adopted its opinion on draft report.
- 12 May 2016, the Parliament adopted the proposal in plenary.
- 8 March 2016, the Council agreed its position on a draft directive on the exchange of tax-related information on the activities of multinational companies.
- 25 May 2016, the Council adopted rules on the reporting by multinational companies of tax-related information and exchange of that information between member states.
- 5 December 2017, the Council published a list of non-cooperative jurisdictions.
- 13 March 2018, the Council reached an agreement on the proposal.
- 25 May 2018, the Council adopted the rules aimed at improving transparency to prevent aggressive cross-border tax planning.