State of play: published in the Official Journal (L 303/59)
- 13 September 2017, the proposal for a regulation was published.
- 25 April 2018, the Commission published a set of initiatives aimed at improving the free-flow of (non-personal) data in the EU.
- 19 June 2018, the EU negotiators reached a political agreement on the free flow of non-personal data.
- 19 December 2017, the Council agreed on its negotiating position.
- 1 March 2018, the IMCO Committee published the draft report.
- 24 April 2018, the IMCO Committee adopted its opinion on the proposal.
- 4 June 2018, the IMCO Committee adopted the report on the regulation and the negotiations mandate.
- 19 June 2018, the Parliament and the Council reached a political agreement.
- 3 October 2018, the Parliament adopted the legislation in plenary.
- 9 November 2018, the Council formally adopted the regulation.
- 21 June 2018, the Commission updated its Q&A on the framework for the free flow of non-personal data in the EU.