State of play: published in the Official Journal (L 119/1) on 4 May 2016
- 25 January 2012, the proposal was published.
- 25 October 2012, the Council held its first debate on the proposal.
- 8 April 2016, the Council adopted its position on the first reading.
- 21 October 2013, the LIBE Committee adopted the report.
- 12 March 2014, the Parliament adopted the text in plenary in first reading.
- 3 September 2014, the LIBE Committee decided to start trilogue negotiations.
- 17 December 2015, the LIBE Committee adopted the agreed text.
- 14 April 2016, the Parliament adopted the text in second reading.
- 23 May 2019, EIOPA adopted a decision on internal rules concerning restrictions of certain rights of data subjects in relation to processing of personal data in the framework of the functioning of EIOPA.
- 1 April 2020, the European Commission opened a consultation on its forthcoming communication on the implementation of the GDPR.
- By 25 May 2020, the Commission shall submit a report on the evaluation and review of this Regulation.