State of play: pre-legislative phase
- 6 March 2019, the TEG published the interim report on Green Bond Standards.
- 18 June 2019, the TEG published the final report on Green Bond Standards.
- 9 March 2020, the TEG published the final report on Green Bond Standards.
- 12 June 2020, the Commission launched a targeted consultation on the establishment of an EU Green Bond Standard, built on the work of the TEG.
- 6 July 2021, the Commission adopted its legislative proposal for a European Green Bond Standard.
- 2 October 2020, ESMA has responded to the Commission’s targeted consultation on the establishment of the EU Green Bond Standard.
- The Commission will include this project in its consultation on Sustainable Finance.
- An EU green bond standard proposal expected in Q2 2021.
- EP and Council to start working on the proposal for a regulation.