State of play: on 29 June 2016, the Regulation was published in the Official Journal (L 171/1)
- 18 September 2013, the proposal was published.
- 31 March 2015, the ECON Committee adopted its report on the proposal.
- 7 April 2016, the ECON Committee approved the agreed text from the trilogue negotiations.
- 28 April 2016, the Parliament adopted the trilogue agreement in plenary.
- 17 May 2016, the Council formally adopted the text.
- 29 September 2017, the Commission adopted a delegated regulation on the criteria to be applied for assessing whether certain events would result in significant and adverse impacts on market integrity, financial stability etc.
- Acts on Benchmarks Regulation
- 7 September 2018, ESMA updated its benchmarks register.
- 16 July 2019, the EBA updated the ITS package for 2020 benchmarking exercise, on the basis of the responses to the consultation to amend the Regulation on benchmarking of internal models.
- 11 October 2019, the Commission opened a public consultation on a report on the review of the Benchmark Regulation pursuant to Article 54.
- 20 December 2018, ESMA published guidelines on non-significant benchmarks.
- 19 June 2019, ESMA published the official translations of its guidelines on non-significant benchmarks.
- 11 July 2019, ESMA updated the Q&A on the Benchmarks Regulation.