State of play: on 9 December 2019, the Regulation was published in the Official Journal (L 317/17).
- 24 May 2018, the proposal was published as part of a reforms package.
- 18 June 2019, the TEG published its report on Climate Benchmarks and Benchmarks’ ESG Disclosures.
- 5 July 2019, the Commission launched a call for feedback on climate benchmarks and benchmarks’ ESG disclosure
- 28 September 2018, the ECON Committee published a draft report on the proposal for a regulation.
- 18 October 2018, the ECON Committee held a hearing on the dossier.
- 22 November 2018, the ENVI Committee presented its opinion on the proposals.
- 14 November 2018, the Parliament confirmed the negotiations mandate.
- 13 December 2018, the ECON Committee adopted its report on the proposal and the negotiations mandate.
- 25 March 2019, the Parliament adopted the text of the trilogue agreement in plenary.
- 19 December 2018, the Council adopted its negotiating position on benchmarks and disclosure requirements.
- 8 November 2019, the Council adopted the agreed text on low carbon benchmarks.
- 25 February 2019, the Parliament and the Council reached an agreement.
- 17 July 2020, the European Commission adopted delegated acts setting out minimum technical requirements for the methodology of EU Climate Benchmarks, as well as a number of ESG disclosure requirements.