- On 27 September ECON Committee published a draft report on the proposal for a regulation
- Vote in ECON on 10 December 2018.
- On 19 December 2018, the Council reached an agreement on benchmarks and disclosure requirements.
- On 18 June 2019, the Commission published the TEG report on EU Climate benchmarks and benchmark’ ESG disclosure
- On 5 July 2019, the Commission launched a call for feedback on climate benchmarks and benchmarks’ ESG disclosure
- A trilogue agreement was reached on 25 February 2019.
- The agreement has been approved by the EP plenary on 26 March.
- Formal adoption of the Benchmark legislation by the Council followed by publication in the OJ.
- TEG to open a consultation on its report, and publish a final version in September 2019.
- Delegated acts are expected to be adopted by the EU Commission early 2020.
- On 19 December 2018, ESMA opened a consultation on disclosure requirements applicable to credit rating.