State of play
On 16 February 2021, the Directive was published in the Official Journal. (L 68/14)
- 24 July 2020, the Commission proposed targeted amendments to the MiFID II requirements for European firms.
- 21 October 2020, agreement on a common council position was reached.
- 16 December 2020, Coreper endorsed provisional agreement with the European Parliament.
- 15 February 2021, the Council adopted amendments on MiFIDII and Prospectus Regulation under the Capital Market Recovery Package.
- 29 October 2020, the ECON Committee adopted changes on MiFID II which were voted during the plenary session of the 19th of November.
- 14 January 2021, the ECON committee has approved the Capital Markets recovery texts in which MiFID was adopted as agreed in trilogue agreement in December.
- 11 February 2021, the European Parliament adopted the Capital Capital Market Recovery Package.
- On 26 May 2021, ESMA launched a consultation, as part of the post-Covid MiFID II Recovery Package