State of play: published in the Official Journal (L 186/122) on 11 July 2019. The deadline for transposition into national legislation is 1 August 2021.
- 17 April 2018, the proposal was published.
- 2 October 2018, the ECON Committee published a draft opinion for the LIBE Committee on the proposal.
- 7 November 2018, the ECON Committee published amendments on the proposal for a directive.
- 28 November 2018, the ECON Committee adopted the opinion for the LIBE Committee on the proposal.
- 7 December 2018, the Parliament adopted the report of the ECON Committee.
- 21 November 2018, the Council agreed its negotiating position on law enforcement access to financial information.
- 12 February 2019, the Parliament and the Council reached a provisional agreement on the proposal.
- 26 February 2019, they reached an agreement.
- 17 April 2019, the Parliament approved the trilogue agreement in plenary.
- 14 June 2019, the Council adopted the directive on the access to financial information.