State of play: on 27 December 2019, the Regulation was published in the Official Journal (L 334/1).
- 21 March 2017, the Commission launched a two-month public consultation on the operation of the ESAs.
- 20 June 2017, the Commission published a feedback statement on the consultation.
- 20 September 2017, the Commission published the legislative proposal on ESAs review and launched a consultation on the proposed regulation.
- 1 April 2019, the Commission published a fact sheet on the ESAs review.
- 12 February 2019, the Council adopted its general approach on the ESAs review.
- 2 December 2019, the Council formally adopted the legislative package.
- Co-rapporteurs: O. Karas (EPP, AT) and P. Berès (S&D, FR)
- 23 January 2018, the ECON Committee published a working document on the proposal.
- 10 July 2018, the ECON Committee issued the draft report on the proposal.
- 11 September 2018, the ECON Committee published amendments on the proposal.
- 14 September 2018, the ECON Committee published amendments on the proposal.
- 31 October 2018, the ECON Committee published amendments on the AML part of the review package.
- 14 January 2019, the ECON Committee approved the report on ESAs.
- 21 March 2019, the Parliament and the Council reached an agreement on the proposal.
- 1 April 2019, the ECON Committee approved the report as agreed in the trilogue negotiations.
- 16 April 2019, the Parliament adopted the text of the trilogue agreement in plenary.
- 9 April 2019, ESMA published the ESAs annual review report for 2018.
- 20 December 2019, the Banking Stakeholder Group (BSG) of the EBA, the Insurance and Reinsurance Stakeholder Group (ISRG) and Occupational Pensions Stakeholder Group (OPSG) of EIOPA, and the Securities and Markets Stakeholder Group (SMSG) of ESMA published a joint position paper on the ESAs review.
- 10 January 2020, ESMA started publishing a list of questions received through its Q&A process, in the context of the entry into force of the revised ESMA Regulation (ESAs Review) including its new provisions applicable to Q&As.