State of play: legislative phase
- 12 March 2018, the Commission published its proposal on the law applicable to third-party effects of assignments of claims.
- 3 May 2018, the JURI Committee published the draft report on the proposal.
- 4 June 2018, the JURI Committee published the tabled amendments.
- 10 July 2018, the JURI Committee adopted the report decided to start inter-institutional negotiations.
- 17 July 2018, the report was tabled for plenary.
- 13 February 2019, the Parliament adopted the report in plenary
- 11 July 2019, the European Economic and Social Committee adopted its opinion on the Commission proposal.
- 23 November 2018, the Council published a progress report on the proposal, concluding that, due to the complexity and far-reaching implications of the proposal, more work will be required to agree on the necessary amendments.
- 23 January 2019, the Romanian Presidency of the Council put forward proposals for a compromise.
- 28 March 2019, another presidency text was published.
- Agreement in the Council.