State of play: legislative phase
- Consultation on transparency and fees in cross-border transactions in the EU (launch on 24 July 2017/closed on 30 October 2017)
- The Commission published a proposal on 28 March 2018
- On 27 June 2018, a general approach was agreed on the proposals.
- On 19 December 2018, the Council reached a political agreement on aligning the costs of cross-border payments in euros between euro and non-euro countries.
- On 18 September 2018, ECON published the amendments on cross-border payments.
- On 8 November 2018 ECON published a report on the proposal for a regulation as regards certain charges on cross-border payments.
- On 19 March 2019, the Official Journal published the Regulation on certain charges on cross-border payments in the Union and currency conversions charges.