State of play: published in the Official Journal (L 91/36)
- 27 June 2018, the Council agreed on a general approach on the proposal.
- 19 December 2018, the Council reached a political agreement on aligning the costs of cross-border payments in euros between euro and non-euro countries.
- 4 March 2019, the Council formally adopted the text.
- 18 September 2018, the ECON Committee published the amendments on cross-border payments.
- 8 November 2018, the ECON Committee adopted the report on the proposal for a regulation as regards certain charges on cross-border payments.
- 14 February 2019, the Parliament adopted the text in plenary.
- 28 March 2019, the Commission adopted an implementing regulation as regards the standard forms, including linguistic arrangements, for the mandatory automatic exchange of information on reportable cross-border arrangements.