State of play: legislative phase
- 24 May 2018, the proposal was published as part of a reforms package.
- 25 September 2019, the Council adopted its negotiating position on taxonomy.
- 17 December 2019, the COREPER adopted the trilogue agreement.
- 15 April 2020, the Council adopted the Regulation on taxonomy in second reading.
- 16 November 2018, the ENVI and ECON Committees published a draft report on the proposal.
- 17 December 2018, the ECON Committee published the amendments tabled on taxonomy: Link 1 and Link 2.
- 11 March 2019, the ECON Committee adopted the report.
- 28 March 2019, the Parliament adopted its position on taxonomy in plenary.
- 16 December 2019, the Parliament and the Council reached an agreement on taxonomy.
- 23 January 2020, the ECON and ENVI Committees approved the provisional agreement.
- 18 June 2019, the TEG published its technical report on the classification system for environmental-sustainable economic activities (taxonomy).
- 4 July 2019, the TEG launched a call for feedback on the taxonomy report.
- 9 March 2020, the TEG published its technical report on the EU’s classification of green economic activities (taxonomy).
- Final approval by the Parliament and publication in the Official Journal.
- According to the Council position, the taxonomy should be established by the end of 2021, in order to ensure its full application by end of 2022.
- Level 2 measures are expected to be published by end 2020 and end 2021.