State of play: legislative phase
- 24 May 2018, the proposal was published as part of a reforms package.
- 25 September 2019, the Council adopted its negotiating position on taxonomy.
- 17 December 2019, the COREPER adopted the trilogue agreement.
- 16 November 2018, the ENVI and ECON Committees published a draft report on the proposal.
- 17 December 2018, the ECON Committee published the amendments tabled on taxonomy: Link 1 and Link 2.
- 11 March 2019, the ECON Committee adopted the report.
- 28 March 2019, the Parliament adopted its position on taxonomy in plenary.
- 16 December 2019, the Parliament and the Council reached an agreement on taxonomy.
- 23 January 2020, the ECON and ENVI Committees approved the provisional agreement.
- 18 June 2019, the TEG published its technical report on the classification system for environmental-sustainable economic activities (taxonomy).
- 4 July 2019, the TEG launched a call for feedback on the taxonomy report.
- Final approval and publication in the Official Journal.
- According to the Council position, the taxonomy should be established by the end of 2021, in order to ensure its full application by end of 2022. Finland’s Presidency will launch trilogue negotiations with the Parliament and the Commission.
- The TEG will published it work on the level 2 in March 2020.