State of play: on 22 June 2020, the Regulation was published in the Official Journal (L 198/13).
- 24 May 2018, the proposal was published as part of a reforms package.
- 25 September 2019, the Council adopted its negotiating position on taxonomy.
- 17 December 2019, the COREPER adopted the trilogue agreement.
- 15 April 2020, the Council adopted the Regulation on taxonomy in second reading.
- 16 November 2018, the ENVI and ECON Committees published a draft report on the proposal.
- 17 December 2018, the ECON Committee published the amendments tabled on taxonomy: Link 1 and Link 2.
- 11 March 2019, the ECON Committee adopted the report.
- 28 March 2019, the Parliament adopted its position on taxonomy in plenary.
- 16 December 2019, the Parliament and the Council reached an agreement on taxonomy.
- 23 January 2020, the ECON and ENVI Committees approved the provisional agreement.
- 18 June 2020, the Parliament in plenary adopted the proposal on taxonomy at its second reading.
- 18 June 2019, the TEG published its technical report on the classification system for environmental-sustainable economic activities (taxonomy).
- 4 July 2019, the TEG launched a call for feedback on the taxonomy report.
- 9 March 2020, the TEG published its technical report on the EU’s classification of green economic activities (taxonomy).
- 20 November 2020, the Commission published a public consultation on criteria defining environmentally sustainable activities.
- 17 March 2021, the ESAs have issued a consultation paper on taxonomy-related sustainability disclosures.
- 21 April 2021, the Commission published the EU Taxonomy Climate Delegated Act.
- 7 May 2021, the Commission published a draft act on the obligation for certain companies to publish non-financial information.
- 16 June 2021, the Commission released the EU sustainable finance Taxonomy Compass.
- 5 November 2020, ESMA published a consultation paper on the taxonomy regulation.
- 14 January 2021, EBA published an erratum of the taxonomy package on reporting framework 3.0 phase 1.
- 1 March 2021, EIOPA published a technical advice on key performance indicators under the Taxonomy regulation.
- 1 March 2021, ESMA published an advice on Article 8 of the Taxonomy Regulation.
- 1 March 2021, EBA published an opinion on disclosures under Article 8 of the Taxonomy Regulation.
- 21 April 2021, the Commission has published a Q&A on Taxonomy Climate Delegated Act
- According to the Council position, the taxonomy should be established by the end of 2021, in order to ensure its full application by end of 2022.
- Level 2 measures are expected to be published by end 2020 and end 2021.
- The Commission will regularly update the technical screening criteria to identify activities that have a significant negative impact.