- Published a call for tender on the feasibility of an EU blockchain infrastructure
- On 1 February 2018, the Commission launched the EU Blockchain Observatory and Forum.
- On 26 May 2016, the EP adopted a resolution on virtual currencies.
On 19 April 2018 the 5thAnti-Money laundering Directive (AMLD V) was adopted at Plenary, which included more regulation for virtual currencies.
- On 2 June 2016, ESMA has issued a Discussion Paper for public consultation on distributed ledger technology, the consultation ended on 2 September 2016.
- On 12 February 2018, the ESAs published a warning to customers on the risks of buying virtual currencies.