Luxembourg, L-1855 Luxembourg
Turning Threat into Opportunity
Blockchain technology, high-end computing, artificial intelligence – The digital transformation is changing the ways in which financial institutions fulfil their role as data custodians. At the same time, FinTech firms leveraging on these technologies are on the rise. While they strive to improve the user experience, they demonstrate potentials of technology leverage for the industry in terms of regulatory compliance.
Are we still skeptical?
The 4th annual LSF Finance & Technology Symposium will discuss the role of technologies in the data value chain of financial institutions. Our keynote speakers and panelists will focus on issues of data analytics and reporting, regulatory responsibility, pressures placed on the industry to innovate in a quickly changing environment, and the positioning of efficient data management within, and across organizations.
- Dr. Harald Stieber, Senior Economist EC DG JUST
- Professor Leo Paas, University Auckland
- Sylvie Dessolin (Sopra Steria)
- Nadia Manzari (Schiltz & Schiltz)
- Jean Hilger (BCEE & LUXHUB)
- Dimitrios Kampas (KPMG)
- 12:00: Registration and walking lunch
- 13:30: Welcoming remarks by Ulf von Lilienfeld-Toal, Head of Unit LSF
- 13:35: Introduction to the Symposium by Zsofia Kräussl, Postdoctoral researcher, LSF
- 13:40: Keynote presentation by Dr. Harald Stieber, DG JUST, European Commission
- 14:00: Panel discussion, lead by Professor Ulf von Lilienfeld-Toal
- 15:00: Coffee break
- 15:30: Keynote presentation by Professor Leo Paas, University of Auckland
- 15:50: Panel discussion, lead by Professor Aline Muller, Head of Luxembourg Institute of Socio- Economic Research (LISER)
- 16:50: Closing remarks by Zsofia Kräussl, LSF
Please, register by sending an e-mail (indicate Full Name & Affiliation) to email@example.com.
This event is free of charge.
Registration is mandatory – deadline: 4 June 2019.