Guest speakers from HSBC Securities Services, ICBC Asset Management Global, Llinks Law Offices, CSOP Asset Management (Hong Kong), NTree, King & Wood Mallesons, Clearstream, the Luxembourg Stock Exchange, Luxembourg for Finance and Arendt Partners will be contributing to the following three interactive panel discussions:
- China equity and bonds inclusion: China access channels have been key to MSCI’s decision to include China A Shares in their EM index and inclusion is also expected on the fixed income side. We will discuss recent developments in relation thereto and Europe’s appetite for active and passive China-centric products.
- Belt and Road Initiative: China has been investing massively in infrastructure along the former land and maritime Silk Road. We will discuss the stance in Europe regarding the BRI, as well as structuring and financing aspects of these projects in Luxembourg including the use of green finance. A number of concrete examples of the use of the Luxembourg toolbox for BRI projects will be discussed.
- Reforming and opening of the Chinese financial sector: The China asset management sector is in transition with a number of reforms impacting asset management and at the same time is opening up to foreign managers which can nos create private fund management companies or hold the majority of their JVs in China. We will discuss these changes, the options available to global managers and trends in relation thereto.
- Claude Kremer, Co-Chairman, Partner, Arendt
- Nicolas Mackel, CEO, Luxembourg for Finance
- Florence Lee, Head of China Sales & BD EMEA, HSBC (London)
- Simon Lee, Head of Inst. Business, CSOP Asset Mgmt (HK)
- Timothy Harvey, CEO, NTree International Limited (London)
- Stephane Karolczuk, Partner, Arendt (moderator)
- Liu Feng, Partner, King & Wood Mallesons (Chengdu)
- Li Bing, MD, Product Dev., ICBC Asset Management (Global) (HK)
- Robert Scharfe, CEO, The Luxembourg Stock Exchange
- Laurent Schummer, Partner, Arendt (moderator)
- Sandra Lu, Partner, Llinks Law Offices (Shanghai)
- Philippe Seyll, Co-CEO, Clearstream
Please register on the dedicated website.
The session will be followed by a cocktail reception where participants and guests from Luxembourg and abroad will be able to network.