The Luxembourg Arbitration Association (LAA) is organising the second edition of the Luxembourg Arbitration Day, on Wednesday 30 June 2021, from 10:00 to 18:00.
This event will take place both online (via Zoom) and in person (Chamber of Commerce), depending on your preference and availability.
Morning: cross-examination training
- Guidelines, tactics, advice on the fundamentals of cross-examination
- Differences between cross-examination of fact witnesses and expert witnesses
- Handling of witness statements
Session I: Investment protection in times of climate change: the future of the Energy Charter Treaty
- Climate change and the ECT’s modernisation agenda
- Investment protection against the right of states to regulate the energy sector
- Investor-State dispute settlement: a challenge to the EU constitutional framework?
Session II: Arbitration and Sovereign States
- The right of sovereign states to regulate: recent arbitration cases
- Enforcement against sovereign states and setting aside proceedings involving sovereign states: latest developments
- Can ADR be an effective means to solve disputes with sovereign States?
Location: By Zoom OR in person, at the Chamber of Commerce, 7 r. Alcide de Gasperi, L-1615 Luxembourg- Kirchberg
For any questions, please contact the Luxembourg Arbitration Association.