Luxembourg, L-1499 Luxembourg
We tend to focus on typical risk analysis surrounding rates, credit, liquidity or regulations, and may think that this assessment of world markets is broad enough to help steer our financial activities.
However, to what extent does the global geopolitical environment influence the financial markets?
Our Speaker, Mr. Alastair Newton, comes from a more politically oriented background and his views from outside of the banking world may change your perspective … or, at least, will challenge it.
The panel will be a Geopolitical Risk Presentation of a different kind … where Alastair will explore:
- Approval ratings notwithstanding, Donald Trump is currently favourite to win the 4 November 2020 US Presidential Election;
- His re-election strategy is clear, ie doubling down on his 2016 strategy and playing purely to his supporter base;
- Which puts trade protectionism and tariffs to the fore.
- Will he do a deal with Xi Jinping, thereby clearing the decks to turn on the EU?
- Is the real issue, the ‘tech war’ with China rather than trade wars?
- And what of the growing risks of a military conflict, notably with Iran?
- In the face of such pressures, can an already aged global economic cycle survive for much longer?
- If Mr Trump is indeed re-elected, what policies can we expect from his second term?
- 18h15: Registration at Mudam Auditorium
- 18h45: Welcome address by Vincenzo Giunta
- 18h50: Trump 2.0. What does the future hold? By Alastair Newton
- 20h00: Q&A
- 20h30: Cocktail reception at Table du Belvedere
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and is limited to the capacity of the auditorium (128 seats) and for this reason we recommend you to register asap and before 24th September 2019 at email@example.com
As with past events, the event is free but please note however that LFMA is charged per person attending.
If you register and cannot attend, we kindly request you to inform us at least 48 hours prior to the conference so we can advise the caterers and save on the costs.
We reserve the right to pass on the cost to people registered but not attending.
During the event, pictures and a video will be taken, and by accepting this invitation, you are giving LFMA your consent to use the pictures and the video on their website and social media. In the event that you would prefer not to be seen in pictures or video but wish to attend, please make us aware at the entrance of the event or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is organised in collaboration with the ABBL.