- Permanent Contract
- Required years of experience: 10
- Required level of study: BAC+4/+5
The Risk Management Department is responsible for the risk control function of the Bank, covering both Financial Risk and Operational Risk matters.
The Risk Management Department monitors existing and emerging risks, assess them and report them to the senior management of the Bank. It supports the business in managing their risks, providing guidance to continuously promote risk awareness.
We are now looking for a Chief Risk Officer on a permanent contract, to head the Bank’s Risk Management department as an independent control function, directly reporting to a member of the Bank’s Executive Committee, the EMEA Chief Risk Officer and to the Board of Directors.
Your main tasks will be to:
- Continuously develop and run the risk management framework of the Bank and of its subsidiaries in line with Nomura Group standards, regulatory requirements and market leading practices.
- Manage, motivate and drive the Risk Management department of the Bank regarding operational risk, credit risk, market risk and liquidity risk;
- Further develop the risk management strategy for the Bank and its subsidiaries in close cooperation with the senior management and the Board of Directors;
- Build a strong Risk Management team striving to provide professional state of the art support to the bank’s Executive Committee and Board of Directors;
- Support the review, assessment and setup of new products and businesses;
- Build a dynamic culture of excellence, proactively adding value to the organization;
- Follow-up on Risk Regulatory initiatives such as CRD V/CRR II.
Please be aware that in accordance with the law of July 23, 2016, the selected candidate will be requested to provide a criminal record (section 3)
- Min. BAC+4 in, Economics, Accounting or Banking & Finance - FRM qualification is considered as an advantage;
- At least 10 years’ experience in Risk Management and/or a related function;
- Good knowledge and understanding of Fund Administration, Depositary/Custody and ancillary services;
- Capable to think strategically, to set benchmarks and to implement best practice;
- Combine technical proficiency with excellent human management skills;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Significant Management experience with a dynamic and inspiring attitude;
- Fluent in English; French considered as an advantage;
- Good analytical skills- Quality driven, attention to detail and accurate.