- Fixed-Term Contract
Fixed term contract to cover maternity leave, weekly hours of work between 32 and 40 depending on the successful candidate's requirements.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for overseeing compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures. The role will provide assurance to Authorised Management that effective policies and procedures are in place, with particular focus on anti-money laundering and terrorist financing. The role is responsible for management of the Compliance team of 2 employees.
The contract offered is fixed term to cover maternity leave, the weekly hours of work are between 32 and 40 depending on the successful candidate's requirements.
* Ensure that the bank meets its requirements as set out by laws and CSSF regulatory requirements.
* Define the necessary level of knowledge on existing and emerging regulatory compliance requirements throughout the Bank.
* Provide guidance, advice, and/or training and educational programs, to improve business' understanding of related laws and regulatory requirements.
* Prepare and present clear and concise compliance reports and annual compliance risk assessments to the Risk and Compliance Committee of the Board.
* Coordinate regulatory audits/reviews, and examinations.
* Ensure the effectiveness of all systems and controls within the bank that are designed to achieve compliance with laws and CSSF requirements.
* Interaction with the CSSF and the FIU at the State Prosecutor in Luxembourg.
* Manage direct reports by providing role model leadership and guidance to team members.
* Manage the production of any Management Information required by the Board, CSSF, CNPD and the FIU at the State Prosecutor at the Luxembourg district or Senior Management.
* Compile and present advice on regulatory developments and issues affecting the business.
* Report promptly any identified risks, which are not already subject to control processes.
* Proactively support business change and product development
* Maintain the second line of compliance defence by ensuring department adherence to policies and procedures designed to meet CSSF regulatory standards.
* Maintain the second line of defence in relation to identifying, investigating, mitigating and managing compliance risks in line with the policies set out by the bank, including appropriate escalation and risk event reporting.
* Act as the Bank’s contact for the competent authorities in relation to the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing
* Understanding of Compliance within a regulated firm, a regulatory body, or a specialist consultancy advising on regulatory.
* Knowledge of the CSSF and EU Directive regulatory requirements and underlying legislation with the ability to practically relate specific regulatory requirements to the business.
* Experience and understanding of the Luxembourg fund industry regulatory environment, with past exposure to AIFs structures and custodian bank activities would be an advantage.
* Understanding of how the regulatory regime has evolved, how it continues to develop and awareness of emerging regulatory issues and compliance requirements.
- Ability to provide compliance guidance that balances regulatory requirements, risk mitigation and business objectives
- Analytical skills; ability to interpret and summarise complex information for onward communication at all levels including Senior and Executive Management, and externally.
- Consultancy skills in order to be a Trusted Adviser to the business on Compliance related issues.
- Influencing skills with the ability to build persuasive cases and gain buy in from stakeholders.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English