- Required level of study: BAC+4/+5
The Depositary Control and Oversight is responsible for the monitoring and the performing of oversight on Nomura Bank (Luxembourg) S.A.’s operations in its capacity as Depositary considering AIFMD and UCITS obligations. The Depositary Control and Oversight is part of the second line of defence at Nomura Bank (Luxembourg) S.A.
We are now looking to recruit a Trainee with a school convention for a period of 6 months (starting ASAP) in Depositary Control and Oversight in order to support the team in place.
Your main tasks will be to support the team in place in:
* Performing daily, monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc checks, based on established depositary control and fund administration oversight checklists and control procedures
* Cash Flow monitoring
* Preparation of failed trades reports
* Safekeeping of Financial Assets (due diligence, segregation) and Other Assets (Record keeping and ownership verification)
* Assessing UCIs‘ strategy and Management Company organisation (due diligence, product understanding)
* Resolving queries and escalating any operational issues and control weaknesses.
* Assisting with the maintenance of the procedures manual of the Department
* Assisting in project activity, management and analysis of the potential impacts of new laws, regulations, or company policies on depositary control and fund administration oversight procedures
* Assisting with the due diligence exercise completion and on-site inspection of Prime Brokers, OTC brokers, 3rd party fund administrators and other providers.
* Analyzing and evaluating data for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
“Please be aware that in accordance with the law of July 23, 2016, the selected candidate will be requested to provide a criminal record (section 3)”
* University education in Economics/ Law/ Finance/ accounting or similar
* Knowledge of depositary and fund administration duties and responsibilities is considered as an asset
* Knowledge of the Luxembourg funds environment, including AIFMD and UCITS V is an asset
* Ability to work accurately with excellent organizational and communication skills
* Intellectual rigour, analytical (legal literature reviews) and synthesis (notes production) capacities
* Self-motivated with integrity and the ability to influence positively
* Fluent in French and English both in writing and verbally, excellent writing skills: Good command of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)