- Permanent Contract
- Required years of experience: 3
- Required level of study: BAC+5
The Corporate Legal Department is primarily responsible for providing legal advice, guidance and support to the bank and its management. The main responsibilities of the Corporate Legal team include but are not limited to 1) reviewing/producing/negotiating legal documentation (including procurement contracts, OTC derivatives documentation, depositary/custody agreements, fund administration agreements etc.); 2) monitoring legislative and regulatory developments to assist NBL in the continued conduct of its activities in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; 3) company secretarial duties 4) providing support and guidance on personal data protection matters.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a mid-level lawyer for a permanent contract.
Your main tasks will be to:
* Review and negotiate any agreement NBL is party to including depositary/custody agreements, fund administration agreements, IT contracts, procurement contracts etc.
* Review and negotiate OTC derivatives documentation (ISDA Master Agreements, CSAs, Master Confirmations).
* Review and negotiate documentation related to structured products.
* Company secretarial tasks (preparation of Board and ExCom meetings and minutes; authorized signature list…).
* Prepare policies and procedures.
* Participate in industry working groups.
* Regulatory watch in close cooperation with NBL Compliance function (relevant local and international regulatory instruments) and contribute to the proper implementation of applicable laws and regulations within the bank.
* Coordinate litigation affecting NBL.
“Please be aware that in accordance with the law of July 23, 2016, the selected candidate will be requested to provide a criminal record (section 3)”
* UK or EU qualified lawyer or Master’s Degree in Law / LLM.
* At least 3 years of relevant experience.
* Excellent command of the English language and excellent contract drafting skills.
* Good command of common and civil law principles.
* Knowledge of the regulatory framework under which a Luxembourg Credit Institution primarily focused on asset servicing operates.
* Solid experience in OTC derivatives documentation and regulatory framework.
* Familiarity with depositary, custody, fund administration and/or investment funds (and related regulations).
* Highly effective communication skills and relationship management.
* High attention to details.
* Dynamic and proactive.
* Team player.
* Self-motivated, able to work autonomously.
* Integrity and ethical consideration.
* Results focused.
* Ability to be effective under pressure.
* Eager to learn and to share knowledge.