- Permanent Contract
- Required level of study: BAC+3
The Depositary Control and Oversight is responsible for the monitoring and the performing of oversight on Nomura Bank (Luxembourg) S.A.’s operations in its capacity as Depositary considering AIFMD and UCITS obligations. The Depositary Control and Oversight is part of the second line of defense at Nomura Bank (Luxembourg) S.A.
In order to support the team in place, we are now looking to recruit a Senior Officer on a permanent contract.
Your main tasks will be to support the team in place in:
-Performing daily, monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc checks, based on established depositary control and fund administration oversight checklists and control procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and internal procedures, with a focus on the following depositary duties:
* Cash monitoring
- Reviewing the work performed by junior team members and coach them, escalate any issues to management;
- Assisting with the due diligence exercise completion and on-site inspection of Prime Brokers, OTC brokers, 3rd party fund administrators and other providers.
- Assisting with the maintenance of the departmental procedures manual (updated periodically or when required due to changes in the operating/ regulatory environment).
- The role will include assistance in project activity, management and analysis of the potential impacts of new law, regulation, or company policy on depositary control and fund administration oversight procedures.
- Analysing and evaluating data for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as they are implemented or further developed and assisting in the preparation and review of relevant departmental reporting.
“Please be aware that in accordance with the law of July 23, 2016, the selected candidate will be requested to provide a criminal record (section 3)”
* University education (Bachelor’s degree) in Economics/ Law/ Finance/ accounting or similar;
* Knowledge of depositary and fund administration duties and responsibilities is considered as an asset
* Experience in the following areas is an asset: fund administration, custody, or depositary control, audit
* Experience in private equity or alternative asset class is an asset
* Knowledge of the Luxembourg funds environment, including AIFMD and UCITS V is an asset
* Ability to work accurately with excellent organizational and communication skills;
* Intellectual rigour, analytical (legal literature reviews) and synthesis (notes production) capacities.
* Self-motivated with integrity and the ability to influence positively;
* Fluent in English both in writing and verbally, excellent writing skills – other languages are considered assets.
* Good command of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).