Amendment to the Directive on administrative cooperation in tax matters – Mandatory exchange of information on tax rulingsUpdated on 21/08/2019
State-of-play: Published in the Official Journal. on 8 December 2015
State-of-play: Published in the Official Journal. on 19 July 2016 L 193/1
State-Of-play: Published in the Official Journal of the EU on 19 July 2016 L 193/1
Entered into force: 8 August 2016.
Transposition deadline: 1 January 2019
- Proposal published on 28 January 2016.
State-of-play: Published in the Official Journal. L 146/8 of 3 June 2016
State-of-play: Published in the Official Journal L 146/8 of 3 June 2016.
Entered into force: 3 June 2016. Transposition deadline: 5 June 2017.
- Opinion adopted in committee on 26 April 2016. Plenary vote took place on 12 May 2016.
- On 8 March 2016, the Council agreed its stance on a draft directive on the exchange of tax-related information on the activities of multinational companies. On 25 May 2016, the Council adopted rules on the reporting by multinational companies of tax-related information and exchange of that information between member states.
- On 13 March 2018 the Council reached agreementon a proposal aimed at boosting transparency in order to tackle “aggressive” cross-border tax planning.
- On 25 May 2018, the Council adopted the rules aimed at improving transparency to prevent aggressive cross-border tax planning.
- On 5 December 2017 the Council published a list of non-cooperative jurisdictions.
State-of-play: Negotiations in enhanced cooperation procedure in the Council.
- The new legislative proposal was published on 14 February 2013.
- In early December 2013 the Commission published a non-paper to answer the Council’s legal opinion (see below).
- Gave its consent to enhanced cooperation on 12 December 2012. The opinion on the legislative proposal was voted in the Plenary on 2 July 2013.
- Examination of the proposal is still going-on at the working group level and among the 11 participating Member States. At the Ecofin Council in December 2015, Estonia left the group of 11 and the rest agreed to set a deadline for June 2016 to finalise their work.
- On 16 June 2016, a document with compromise principles has been presented and two taskforces have been created. The Ministers at the level of the participating Member States meet regularly but no breakthrough achieved yet.
- On 7 December 2017 ECOFIN published a “Report to the European Council on Tax issues” that referenced the FTT (p25)
- On 14 June 2019 the ECOFIN had an update on the works of participating Member States and a project based on the French FTT.
- Work ongoing at the level of participating Member States.
- On 18 April 2013 the UK Government lodged a formal legal claim at the European Court of Justice against the introduction of the EU FTT under the Enhanced Cooperation Procedure. This claim is based on the grounds that the existing proposal will impact countries not taking part to the initiative. The Court rejected the claim on 30 April 2014.
State-of-play: Published in the Official Journal. on 7 June 2017
State-of-play: Published in the Official Journal on 7 June 2017.
Transposition deadline: 1 January 2020.
- Publishes proposal for a directive on 25 October 2016.
- The Council agreed its position on 21 February 2017.
- On 29 May 2017, the Council adopted the ATAD II directive.
- Started its work in committee on 28 February 2017, with the consideration of the draft report.
- On 27 March 2017, the EP adopted its opinion in ECON Committee.
- On 27 April 2017, the EP adopted in plenary its opinion.
State-of-play: Waiting for the publication in the Official Journal.
State-of-play: Legislative phase.
State-of-play: Legislative Phase
The 2011 proposal was withdrawn; a new proposal was published on 25 October 2016.
- Proposal has been assigned to ECON (Rapporteur: Alain Lamassoure, EPP)
- Vote scheduled in committee for adoption of draft report (1st reading) for 20 November 2017.
- On 3 May 2017 the Econ Committee held a public hearing on CCCTB.
- On 10 October 2017 the ECON Committee held an exchange of views with representatives of national parliaments.
- On 21 February 2018, the ECON Committee voted to adopt the reports on the CCTB and the CCCTB.
- On 15 March 2018, the CCTB and the CCCTB was adopted at Plenary.
- Work ongoing at the level of the working party.
Common system of a digital services tax on revenues resulting from the provision of certain digital servicesUpdated on 21/08/2019
State-of-play: Published in the Official Journal. On 21 March 2018 the OJ published the proposal
State of Play: On 21 March 2018 the OJ published the proposal.
- On 21 September 2018 ECON published the draft report.
- On 22 October 2018 ECON published amendments.
- On 5 December 2018 ECON Committee published the report on the proposal.
- Issue discussed at Minister level at the 4 December 2018 Ecofin. Work ongoing.