The Fondation ABBL pour l’éducation financière was founded in September 2016. Its purpose lies in supporting and promoting Financial education through the organisation of events, trainings in the field of finance and university courses via the University of Luxembourg.
The goals of the Fondation ABBL pour l’éducation financière are fourfold:
- support and promote financial education in Luxembourg and abroad;
- boost vocational training in the fields of professional finance;
- sustain academic education via the University of Luxembourg; and
- foster research via the financing of doctorates, post-doctorates and professor chairs.
The Fondation ABBL pour l’éducation financière is ready to support more projects in the years to come and hopes to reach more pupils, students, adults as well as profession as well through other initiatives related to financial education. It also intends to collaborate with actors accompanying philanthropic projects and would like to submit some projects through the Fondation de Luxembourg to raise awareness about some initiatives.
The Foundation produces pedagogical material in collaboration with the Chamber of Commerce and supports numerous projects initiated mostly by or for academic institutions:
- Luxembourg Tech School programme
- SnT Fintech Research Project Applying DLT to KYC Processes
- Lëtzfin – information portal
- Scholarship for Luxembourg students
- Soon: Trustwothy AI for instant AML Due Diligence
Furthermore, the D’Woch vun de Suen (Money Week), organised by the ABBL for the last 6 years, and more recently the Zuumer Academy launched in 2019 benefit from support.
Discover the projects about financial inclusion developed by the Fondation ABBL [in French]:
The Board of Directors
- MAAS Yves, CEO of the ABBL, Chair
- HOFFMANN Guy, Chairman of the ABBL, Vice-Chair
- MARX Claude, General Director of the CSSF (Trésorier)
- ETIENNE Pierre, Head of the ABBL Private Banking Group, Luxembourg
- HILGER Jean, Head of the ABBL Digital Banking and FinTech Innovation Cluster, Luxembourg
- NEUBERG Luc, Chairman of ALRIM
- PALLAGE Stéphane, Rector of the University of Luxembourg
- DIEDERICH Léon, Premier Conseiller of the Ministry of Education
THYRION Jessica, Adviser – Financial Education, ABBL